Friday, March 27, 2009

Baby Talks about Her New Life

Time flies when you’re having fun. Since my last post, I’ve relocated to the Midwest, mastered the art of walking (forward and backward), celebrated my first birthday, and met a great group of toddlers. Life is g-o-o-d! Did I mention that I have a grand total of 7 and a 1/2 teeth now?

Mommy encourages me to practice good oral hygiene but I find it way more exciting assisting her with maintaining her pearly whites. Springtime has been filled with playdates at the library, stroller rides around campus and sunny days at the park.

For some odd reason, Mommy decorates my hair with these little twisty things and other things that clamp on. I’m not certain what her thinking is but Daddy and I prefer the ‘natural’ look. For one, it’s ultra-low maintenance and we both think I resemble Daddy when my hair is tightly curled. A few weeks ago, she looked really disappointed that I’d removed all but one of the little twisty things, which she worked so hard on that morning. When she arrived to pick me up from school, I know it must’ve appeared that I’d been attacked by a pack of puppies. No! I simply reached back, removing, one-by-one, anything attached to my hair that didn’t originate from my scalp. Had I thought of switching hands, I would’ve managed to remove the remaining one. I’ve only noticed one of my toddler friends with these things in her hair. But, none of the others have them. Interesting! Then again, she and I are the only two who wear dresses and colorful tights. I wonder what that’s about?

No comments: