Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bianca's Born

The start of 2008 has been like no other! Seven months ago my status changed from a boutique-shopping fashionista, once-a-week-salon-goer and regular-mani-pedi-enjoyer to a “professional” nursery song writer (I use this term very loosely having only three-songs to my credit), twice-a-day-milk-expresser and human burp cloth. Motherhood has definitely turned my life on its head. However, it’s been the most rewarding experience to date. And, to prove what a glutton for pain I am, my husband and I hope the stork will deliver our second bundle of joy next year. Yeah, I know, I know! I’ve heard the tales of raising ‘two under two.’ However, I must say that if our next child is anything like our first, who we’ve affectionately nicknamed Tinka, then our next can’t arrive soon enough.

I suspect the name for this blog raises a few eyebrows. If you must know, I labored over it for days, weeks, months (yeah, right?!). OK, I admit to spending all of 5 minutes coming up with it! If you’re a colleague or family member, you’d dispute the accuracy of that assertion and insist that minutes was a typo and instead I INTENDED to write seconds.

“Bianca the Bug” is my daughter’s best friend. Sing with me now…Bianca the bug, Bianca the buggggggg ,Bianca the buggggguggggg she’s my best friend. My husband came across this amazing find at a local retailer for $10 when our daughter was two months old. It’s a changing table attachment in the shape of a colorful bug with rotating wings. As the wings rotate, a nice melody plays. The patterned wings excited my daughter like no amount of swinging, cuddling or baby-talking ever could. “Bianca the bug” was an instant hit! The wings stimulated Tinka so much that she began to coo and quickly move her arms and limbs.

I absolutely LOVE the name Bianca, to the dismay of many of my loved ones. Thus, I was FORBIDDEN to use it. Thus, ‘Bianca the bug’ was born. Bianca is very-well traveled bug might I add. She’s already flown cross-country to the midwest and accompanies us on most road trips (attached to the car seat). The relationship between the two BFFs has recently reached an all-time low when Tinka began teething a month ago. Now that she’s able to reach for and remove the wings, Bianca often travelled with three out of four of her wings. To Bianca’s displeasure, Tinka also uses the wings to soothe her aching gums. Then again, what are friends for?..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.