Thursday, July 31, 2008

Baby Talks About Mommy's MBAs

Mommy received her second MBA, which stands for Mommy’s Beautiful Angel, late last year. What an honor that she considers me the more valuable of the two. Though her capital investment in me, think college tuition, new car, wedding, first house deposit, business startup, did I miss anything? far exceeds that of her other MBA, the ROI--that’s return on investment. I’m also quite literate in business jargon--she stands to gain--think grandchildren, grandchildren, did I mention grandchildren?-- is unquantifiable.

I am also more engaging than her diploma. Her diploma doesn’t giggle when she sings the “Eensy Wensy Spider” or the “ABC” song. Nor does it pull her hair to convey how much she was missed during the day. It never knocks over her morning drink just before she heads out the door in an attempt to spend just five more minutes together.

Mommy’s other MBA has afforded her an affinity of career options and a great network of friends (Aunties T, Bonnie, Denyse and Michelle and Uncle Bill). And, I guess, it will make possible the many great things that a baby dreams. read: exceptional daycare, Mandarin lessons, trips to grandma’s.

Gotta crawl, carrot and oatmeal time! My high chair’s calling! Anybody seen my bib?

No comments: