Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Baby Talks About Malia Obama

Hello virtual world! Waving sorta. I’m Tinka, the world’s youngest blogger. You’ve heard my mommy share her perspective. Big word for an infant, I know. Trust me, my vocabulary is growing exponentially. Please allow me to issue a disclaimer: my day is very compact with naps, tummy time, diaper changes and feedings. So, pardon me if my posts aren’t as long as Mommy’s. Tank you. Yes, I intended to write thank you that way.

Pababababa. I am beyond excited about my first entry. So, without further adieu. “Girl Power” is alive and well thanks to 10-year-old Malia Obama, daughter of the Democratic Party Presidential Nominee Barak Obama. My mommy shared the video of her recent family interview. When I become a tween, I’d love to possess the confidence and maturity that she does. What impressed me the most about Malia was her willingness to share her convictions on topics that matter most to her (i.e. how her dad should greet kids, what it means to see her mommy Michelle featured in a popular magazine.)

Not to be outdone, my mommy also appeared in a popular magazine, Glamour, several years ago featuring Wharton women. She's not just a pretty face. She's a pretty face with an MBA (Mommy's Beautiful Angel). When she recently shared the results of her beautiful makeover, I was so proud of her accomplishment that I instantly gave the article my sign of approval— a nice wet kiss.

Though I completely understand Mr. Obama’s desire to limit the amount and kind of exposure that his daughters receive, I certainly wish I’d get to hear more from them. While it’s great to hear the perspective of adults, I find the perspective of my peers to be as intriguing and valuable. My saucer is calling, “gotta crawl”!

No comments: